About Diane M. Janosek
International Cybersecurity Leader
Certifications, Licenses, Court Admissions and Education
Certifications, Licenses, and Court Admissions
- Licensed Professional in Ethics and Compliance, (LPEC) current since 2022, by ECI
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional, (CISSP) current since 2015, by ISC2
- United States Supreme Court
- US District Court for the District of Columbia
- Maryland Court of Appeals
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Defense Acquisition (DAWIA) certified, Program Management
- Held Top Secret (TS/SCI) clearance
- Defense Intelligence Senior Executive Service (SES) 2012-2023
- Capitol Technology University, Washington D.C., PhD, Cybersecurity Leadership.
- National Intelligence University, Washington D.C., MS, Strategic Intelligence
- The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington D.C., JD cum laude, Member, Catholic University Law Review.
- LaSalle University, Philadelphia PA, BA cum laude with General University Honors.
Dr. Janosek with former Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg at Dr. Janosek’s swearing in ceremony at U.S. Supreme Court.
Diane M. Janosek, PhD, JD, CISSP, is an award-winning cybersecurity leader, author, and sought-after speaker.
- She is the CEO of Janos LLC, which focuses on cybersecurity and compliance matters.
- She has been in documentaries, on radio and on television, and is a multiple award recipient.
- Dr. Janosek has published over 30 technical, academic articles and book contributions.
- She has a Bachelor of Arts (Political Science with French and Russian minors), Juris Doctorate (Law), Master of Science in Strategic Intelligence, and a PhD (Cyber Leadership).
- She holds active industry certifications in Cyber and Information Security (CISSP) and in Ethics & Compliance (LPEC).
- Areas of expertise include cyber, privacy, compliance, technology & data policy, defense acquisition, information security, space security, international space governance, IoT, and academic leadership.
- She was a member of the Defense Intelligence Senior Executive Service from 2012 to 2023.
- Previously, Dr. Janosek served in leadership roles at the National Security Agency as the Deputy Director of Compliance, Commandant of the National Cryptologic University, and Deputy Chief Information Security Officer.
- Dr. Janosek also served in legal, policy and executive management positions, to include, Chief Legal Officer of the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board, and Legal Counsel at both the White House and the Pentagon.
- She is admitted to the United States Supreme Court.
- She is on the Board of Advisors of Military Cyber Professionals Association.
- She serves as the Executive Director of the Capitol Technology University’s Center for Women in Cyber.
- She was the founder and Senior Legal Advisor of the Women in Cybersecurity’s Mid-Atlantic Regional Affiliate, as well as Women in Cybersecurity’s Critical Infrastructure national affiliate.
- She served as an Adjunct at the National Intelligence University from 2014-2020.
- She was a member of the White House’s Federal Committee on STEM Education from 2018-2021.
- She has been named in the 2023 Cybersecurity Power List by The Daily Record.
- Dr. Janosek was inducted into ISSA’s Hall of Fame in 2022 for information security accomplishments and contributions.
- She was awarded the 2021 Cybersecurity Woman Leader the Year from CSWY which is internationally recognized. She also won the 2021 Woman to Watch and the 2020 Cyber Impact Award winner, Top 100 Women in Cybersecurity in 2020 by Cyber Defense Magazine, CybHER 2020 Warrior, 2019 WiCyS Affiliate Leadership Award, as well as the 2019 Cyber Warrior Woman of the Year, an award granted by the Cybersecurity Association of Maryland, which honored her for her mentorship and advocacy for women in cybersecurity.
- She is passionate about serving others, giving back, protecting privacy, and securing the global digital infrastructure.